MongoDB is a particular implementation of a technology known as NoSQL databases.
The basic idea is that you can store JSON objects in the cloud.
Everything else is just sort of a riff on that theme.
To get started with MongoDB, I recommend this sequence of articles:
- mongodb_new_database Setting up an account and a new database
- mongodb_spring_boot_basic_collection Setting up a simple collection in a Spring Boot application, i.e. one that has a flat structure of attributes (just one top level object per document, rather than one with nested objects).
- mongodb_spring_boot_nested_collection Setting up a collection in Spring Boot that has nested objects and/or arrays/lists.
Table of contents
- MongoDB: New Database
- MongoDB: SSL certificate
- MongoDB: Spring Boot - Basic Collection
- MongoDB: Spring Boot - Nested Document
- MongoDB: Spring Properties
- MongoDB: Staff Setup