See also: Git
The software package known as git is an open source version control system.
A git repository is a collection of files (a directory tree) for a software project, along with the entire version history of those files over time.
The commerical company github provides web-based software and cloud-based hosting for git repositories.
- github.com is the main site for github services
- Short Cut Keys
- Did you know that when browsing files in github.com, you can type a ? and bring up a whole bunch of amazing short cut keys?
- For example T is “fuzzy file search”. Have fun exploring all the rest.
- Code Navigation: https://help.github.com/en/github/managing-files-in-a-repository/navigating-code-on-github
Table of contents
- Graphql: GitHub Explorer
- github.com: creating private repos under an organization
- github.ucsb.edu: creating private repos under an organization
- github: GitHub Pages
- github: actions
- github: actions self hosted runners
- github: adding collaborators
- github: api
- github: issues
- github: keyboard shortcuts
- github: markdown
- github: pro tips
- github: pull requests
- github: using ssh keys
- github: verified badge on commits
- github: wrong starter