|Previous Lecture||Lecture 14||Next Lecture|
Lecture 14, Sat 04/30
Thu Lecture: team02 standup, mongodb account setup
- All but five folks filled out CATME survey (on five separate teams)
- I’m giving 24 hour grace period to try to increase participation
- Please get these in on time; when you are late, it delays releasing the information to the entire class.
Reminder about Standups
- Standups should be quick! That’s why they are “stand up” meetings (to make them short)
- Just quick updates, and identification of blockers.
Avoid getting into technical details.
- When you have a blocker:
- Don’t say: “I’m having this problem with OAuth (10 minutes explanation of the problem)
- Do say: I’m having a problem with OAuth (10 second explanation of the problem.)
- When you have a solution to a blocker:
- Don’t say: “I know how to fix that! (10 minute explanation of the fix).
- Do say: “I know how to fix that! Ping me later on Slack and I’ll explan what to do.”
Today: Mostly team02, one small clerical task.
Please start with a standup meeting on team02.
Please put a written standup summary in your team’s chat channel first, and then do an out loud standup.
Then, do a team review of the Kanban board.
- Look over each column as a team
- Make sure that your individual work is accurate on the board, espeically the “in-progress” column.
- Make sure that the task of code reviewing and merging is getting done; that’s a team responsibility.
Then, after standup/kanban review, but before starting work on team02, there is one small clerical task to attend to:
Accept the cloud.mongodb.com invitation.
Look in your email for an invitation to cloud.mongodb.com. Accept the invitation, and make sure that you can log into your account.
Why are we doing this: The team03 assignment will include working with a different style of database, a NoSQL database (MongoDB), and we need to get folks set up for that.
Your job is simple:
- Find the invitation to MongoDB in your email, and accept the invitation.
- Once you’ve done that, in your team channel, mention your mentor with an
@notification, and let them know that you are ready to be added to your team. | That is, your message should look like this:
||Andrew L||@Andrew Lu I’ve accepted my MongoDB invitation|
||Andrew P||@Andrew Peng I’ve accepted my MongoDB invitation|
||Bryan Z||@Bryan Zamora I’ve accepted my MongoDB invitation|
||Kevin H||@Kevin Heffernan I’ve accepted my MongoDB invitation|
Once the TA/LA gets this message, they’ll check on MongoDB that you’ve accepted the invitation, and if they see that you have, they’ll add you to your team on MongoDB and then give you credit for participation activity p08 on Gauchospace.
(They may also check (if time permits) that you made a contribution to your team’s standup meeting.)