|Previous Lecture||Lecture 11||Next Lecture|
Lecture 11, Wed 04/21
Wed Lecture: Team Standup for team01, work on team01--if done, work on jpa03
Make a post on your team’s channel
Team is DONE with team01OR
Team is NOT DONE with team01
If your team is NOT DONE with team01
I think this is 7 of the 12 teams.
- Do a team standup
- Work together as a team to finish team01
- More detailed instructions below (identical to yesterdays from discussion)
Deadline is 11pm Friday night.
If team is done with team01
I think this is 5 of the 12 teams.
- Do a quick “informal” retro (your P07 participation activity for today)
- Have a team discussion organized around “stop/start/continue”.
- First, on the slack channel, *each& person take 2 minutes to write
- What went well and what could be improved
- More specifically, what should you stop doing, start doing, and/or continue doing
- Each person try to come up with at least one thing in each of those categories
- Then discuss
- Then, start working on jpa03
- New individual lab on setting up a Spring Boot application that uses Authentication
- No programming, just configuration. Its more of the “Ops” side of what the trendy kids are calling “DevOps”.
- You might all be able to get it completely finished in the 75 minutes of lecture today!
- BUT after you do your retro, if you really, really need to work on something else, that’s fine
- But post in the slack channel so we’ll know that you were here, and that you are now gone. :-)
Reviewing the team01 instructions from yesterday
- Do your team standup (each member of team puts update on Slack channel, then discuss)
- Update PRs so that red X’s become green checks (you can do this with instructions below)
- Code Review your PRs (and get code reviews from staff)
- Important Test your code through the swagger-ui also!
- It is NOT ENOUGH to just test with the automated tests
- You should ALSO test with the swagger-ui endpoint to make sure that you see real results coming back
- The staff will be testing each team’s implementation that way ALSO, and you will lose points if your implementation doesn’t actually work.
- If you don’t understand what this means, ask for help from staff.
- Merge your PRs
- When all PRs merged:
- Deploy your main branch on your team’s Heroku app for team01 (see table of links below)
- Make sure that it actually works, using the
- Then each team member should submit from main branch on Gradescope separately. You should at that point get 100% on Gradescope.
- Then, one team member should submit on behalf of whole team on Gauchospace.
Then, and only then, you are all done with team01.