|Previous Lecture||Lecture 04 (Tue lecture)||Next Lecture|
Lecture 04 (Tue lecture), Tue 10/04
Informed Consent, and the pre-survey (from last Thursday)
- If you missed lecture last Thursday, or did not yet fill out the “pre-survey”, please know that it will close soon.
- The briefing slides and the link to the survey are in the #survey-links channel on the Slack.
- Short version: you can fill out a survey for extra credit.
- We hope you give us permission to use your data, but you don’t have to to get the extra credit.
- We won’t find out whether you did until course grades are already assigned.
Please finish H03 before tomorrow night’s discussion section
So that you’ll be ready for that discussion. (We are actually having a “discussion” in discussion section!)
Read the section of your paper, and answer the questions (in your team’s GitHub repo).
- H00, H01, and H02 are now posted to Canvas
- Regrade requests are open
- Please make all regrade requests within one week
New Homework for next week
- There is no “textbook” per se to read for this, but there is a lot of reading online, and that reading is linked to directly from the homework assignment:
- Here on the website: https://ucsb-cs156.github.io/f22/hwk/h04/
- Here on Gradescope: https://www.gradescope.com/courses/443607/assignments/2322534
- O’Reilly login: https://bit.ly/ucsb-or
- Please work on jpa00, jpa01, and/or jpa02 until:
- You are finished with all three and have a perfect score on Gradescope
- You run out of time during today’s class
- Use the staff and your fellow students to help you.
- If you finish all of those, you could finish up H03 (if you haven’t), and/or start on the reading and work for H04